Thursday, October 18, 2007

More miracles!

Steve and I have been married 5 1/2 years and were introduced to each other by some very dear friends, Joe and Amy. I met Amy in Oct 1995 at church (after I had moved here from MN). She spend time studying the Bible with me and helped me to develop a wonderful relationship with God. In Nov of 1995, Amy and another dear friend, Paulette, baptized me!! What a wonderful day that was!! Four years later, Amy's husband Joe, met Steve (he was and still is one of Steve's customers), studied the Bible with him and baptized him!! After Steve's baptism, Amy and Joe introduced me to Steve. Steve then asked me out on a date, in which we went sailing with Joe and Amy. It was love at first sail!! About 2 years later, Steve and I became engaged, and we were married in Feb. 2002 - with Joe and Amy as our best man and matron of honor. I tell you this so that you see how dear these friends are to us - through this amazing couple, God put Steve and I together. Well, when Steve and I finally decided to start the adoption process last December, we found out that Joe and Amy had already started the process. We had no idea that they were going to do this!! At that time, we thought that it would be amazing to be able to travel to China with them. The chances were slim, since they were further along in the process, but with God, anything is possible! Well, it turns out that God truly does answer prayers - even better than we could ever imagine! It turns out that we will indeed be traveling together!!! Joe and Amy found their daughter on the same Waiting Child list where we found Danielle - and here is the kicker - both of our daughters are from the same province!!! We will leave for China on the same day, and spend 2 weeks together as we both expand our families! It will be so wonderful to be able to have such wonderful friends with us - and to share this experience together! God is good!

No comments: