Monday, December 3, 2007

Tanski Family transitioning well!


Danielle is transitioning really well into her forever family. She is holding her own with her 2 older sisters and they are adapting to her. We have had some sharing issues, but what do you expect with a 4, 2 and 1 year old! Lots of toys are going into time out, but other than that, things are going well. Danielle is already sleeping through the night! For the first few nights, she woke up around 11 and wiggled in her bed and played her music box until about 1 am, but she has slept good otherwise. On Saturday, she slept in until 11:30 am until I finally had to wake her up! She still took a nap and went to bed that night - what a good girl. She still cries when we try to put her to sleep, but after a little bit of cuddle, she rolls over into her crib (which is next to our bed) and goes to sleep. She is kind of a light sleeper, but hopefully that will change after living in our loud house! We are truly amazed at the difference a few weeks make! I have often heard how resilient these little kids are, but I had no idea what a joy she would so quickly become! I mean, I have always loved her, but it was hard to see her grieving and I would not have imagined that she would accept us so quickly. I am so grateful, though - God truly answers prayers! We do have to work a little on her shopping skills - she is not too thrilled to sit in carts for a long time. Hopefully when we go to the store without sisters it will be better - on our first trip to Target, Danielle and Liz had it out a bit - Liz is meeting her match!! But Liz is also very sweet to her - I really think that they will all get along well. Oh! Yesterday, Stephanie informed us that she now wants a brother - she wants 4 kids in the family she said. Then, we had TLC on last night and she saw the show "Jon and Kate Plus 8" where a couple, through fertility treatments, had twin girls, and then 3 or 4 years later tried again, and had sextuplets! The show is about their life with twin 6 year olds and 6 3 year-olds!! Stephanie then changed her mind and said she wanted 8 kids!! Good grief!!! Even though things are going well, I am not sure that I could handle that many - right now I am completely content with 3!! I will be even happier when we get our schedule all worked out!! We are surviving, but are grateful that my mom is still here - we will see what happens on Thursday when she goes home!!!

5 comments:

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

All those prayers do wonders. Call me when you want a visitor! xo Ellen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going really well. The three girls are so cute together! We are so happy for you Darcy, more than words can say. Thinking back to when we met so many years ago and now you have a such a wonderful husband and 3 captivating daughters.
We love you guys - Tim & Paulette

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Glad you all are doing well!

Donna said...

Sounds like things are going well. Hope to meet your little angel soon.

Anonymous said...

That is SO AWESOME! I am so excited for ya'll, I can't wait to meet her!! Dana says that she is PRECIOUS!!
love to you ALL,
Natalie Pope