Thursday, November 15, 2007

WE ARE IN CHINA!

Well, after more than 24 hours of traveling, we finally made it to Guangzhou, China and the Victory Hotel! We had a great travel experience - all filights were on time, we found all of our gates (in fact the gate that we had to find in Detroit for our flight to Tokyo, was just across the hallway), NW served us good food, we met up with Joe, Amy, Josh, Ryan and Kris in Tokyo for the last leg of our trip, and we got all of our luggage. We are checked in, and getting cleaned up for hopefully a good nights sleep before we head to Laibin tomorrow afternoon. While I miss our little ones terribly, I am SO glad that we didn't bring them along.....what an exhausting day!! All of our flights had crying infants and children, and I am so grateful that they weren't ours! I am praying that God will help Danielle to handle such a grueling trip! I am also praying that I will be able to stay awake on the way home to take care of her. I was able to sleep A LOT, and Steve slept very little. Despite all the sleep, I am still exhausted! I just wanted to give you a quick update before I go to bed. Keep sending us comments - we so enjoy reading them. And Nana, please give Steffi and Liz huge hugs and kisses from us - tell them that Mommy and Daddy love them very much and that we miss them!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for your safe and good trip! We have been thinking of you the whole time!!! Sooo glad to hear from you!!
This is so exciing! We love you and are looking forward to seeing the girls next week- Love, Momma Jude

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you made it there safely!! Can' wait to hear about your adventures in Laibin.
Love ya, Cynthia

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good trip over, I hope everything goes as smooth on the way home.
Elizabeth and Stephanie had a great day at school today. No tears, they both got out at carpool with smiles on their faces.
Friday is the Thanksgiving Feast, if I can figure out how to send you a picture, I will

You are in our prayers here at the preschool.

Frankie

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd check to see if you posted yet and REALLY couldn't believe you did!! I'm so glad you got there safely. Don't worry about the trip back, God will watch over Danielle. Just tell Steve he is incharge so you can sleep! LOL Just kidding.

Can't wait to hear more...tell Joe, Amy and the kids we are happy for them and glad they arrived safe as well.
Love you guys,
Paulette, Tim & boys.

Anonymous said...

Work is just not the same without Steve here. We are glad you had a safe, good trip. We hope the rest of the trip goes as good. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We enjoy reading your blog and are checking it daily. Can't wait to read about you meeting Danielle!
Take care,
Rick & Janet

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

YEAH! You are really in CHINA!!!! How incredibly exciting! I know you will miss the girls, but I'm sure they will be happy with the g'parents! We will pray for you, your 3 little girls and their g'parents!

One favor - When you meet the Millers - please give them a HUG from us! We are so happy for YOU ALL! Can't wait to hear of your progress... Did you all see Donna before they left?

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I saw both the girls today and they had smiling faces!! I will give them extra hugs for ya'll!
You are all in our prayers.
Natalie Pope

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys!! Glad you made it. Don't worry, the trip back will be easy ('cause you guys will be dying to see your girls and family back here and we all can't wait to see Danielle). Plus, if I know Steve, he will be too excited on the way back to sleep. So Darcy, you're off the hook.
Keep us posted. See you all soon.

love, john,mee,dakotah, and logan

Dan and Liz said...

I pray God keeps you safe, healthy, and joyful on your journey
Liz and Michelle Caixing