Saturday, July 11, 2009

After a restless sleep, Michael's finding place!!

After a restless sleep, Meg and I enjoyed a fabulous breakfast buffet, switched my hotel room - to a king size room and then left to explore the city. Our first stop? Michael's finding place!! It was only a 15 minute cab ride. We found the gated neighborhood and then had to locate the actual building. It was only about 1-2 buildings from the entrance, and I was glad to find out that it was actually a health clinic!! His paperwork did not specify this fact! I was relieved that he was found here, it makes me feel like his birthparents wanted him to get proper care. We walked around the neighborhood. Meg said that it appeared to be a typical middle class neighorhood. She also said that it was likely that his birth parents didn't live there but maybe one or both of them worked there, and maybe still do (imagine having to pass every day the place where you left your child). Anyway, we walked around and were even able to see the police station where Michael was taken after he was found. He spent a couple of weeks in their custody before he was sent to the orphanage.

Next we decided that we needed some pampering. So we went to Starbucks and then Meg had a pedicure and I had a 45 minute back, neck and shoulder masssage. It was wonderful! I felt so relaxed after that. Well, at least until we went to Carrefour (a huge store, like Walmart). It was absolutely crazy!! NEVER go there on a Sat. afternoon!! We bought a few things including a stroller for Michael! Yikes!! We then dragged this big stroller box to the place that Meg has been staying with friends - the Finish Diplomatic Compound!! She sure has some interesting friends!! We got back to the hotel, checked out the pool, put the stroller together and then freshened up for dinner. We met Michael (our guide) and the 2 other families in my group that just arrived today and we went out for the infamous Peking Duck. It was delicious!!! The entire meal was absolutely yummy!! Now I am full and tired. I guess I just need to go to bed so that I will be well rested to meet my son in the morning!! All of us (the 3 families) are worried about our poor children - their little worlds are about to be rocked. The other 2 families are both adopting 7 year-olds (one boy and one girl). Please pray for all of their health and emotional well-being!! Next post - pictures of our son!!

See below for pictures...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Darcy, sounds like you had a good day walking in your sons shoes and eating some good food. I look forward to reading more abot your avaentres.

Love Maria

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

This is so great! I will be praying for everything to go well!!! Hope the 7's do well too!