Friday, July 10, 2009

Well, I MADE IT!!!

Well, I MADE IT!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to be in China right now!! The pre-trip has been one of the most stressful things that I have gone through!! But, due to God's grace (and a few miracles that He allowed), I am in my son's city - BEIJING!! I left Atlanta on Thurs. 7/09 at 2:20 pm and flew to Tokyo. After a 2 hour layover, we left for Beijing and arrived here at about 10:20 pm (10:20 am ET). The trip over was very easy and safe. My wonderful husband worked some magic and I was able to fly business class all the way to China - praise God! It was great! I was able to stretch out and get some sleep - as well as watch a couple of movies. I am now in the Yuyang Hotel and it is very nice. I am in a room with 2 single beds since I thought that Meg might be staying with me, but that has changed. She has a place not far from here so she will stay there and come hang with me during the day. So after breakfast, I am going to see if I can switch to a room with a king size bed. Hopefully that won't be a problem - with Meg on my side, she will get it done!! When I arrived at my hotel, I hooked up my computer and was able to "see" my family via Skype. It was so good to see them, I miss them so much! I so wish that things had been different and that they were able to come, but now I just need to stay positive and get our son home!! I can't believe that in a little more than 24 hours he will be in my arms!! What a miracle - God is good!! Oh, so far I have avoided quarantine! I forgot to put my Tylenol in my carry-on (people have been taking it an hour before landing just to make sure they don't have an elevated temperature), but I passed the hazmat temperature scan drug-free!! Oh - there is a temperature scanner at the entrance to my hotel!! Let's just hope that after walking around Beijing in 100+ degree weather and then stepping into the hotel, that I don't register a fever! Talk about pressure!! Thank you for all of your prayers - I would appreciate if you would keep them up - they seem to be working!! Please pray specifically for my son's physical and emotional health - thank you and God bless!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Steve and I are so grateful you got there with no problems. God is good. We will keep all of you in our prayers.

Steve and Maria

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Oh Darcy, we have been praying like crazy. So happy to hear that since Thursday your life has been less stressful. I will be up in the middle of the night looking for photos. Have fun! 100+ degrees, huh? Maybe you should just stay in the hotel? :)

Nonna said...

I'm so glad you arrived safely! Hopefully we will pass the temp test also. I will pray that all goes smoothly in picking up Michael. Hopefully we will see you while we are there.

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Does it seem just amazing to be in China AGAIN????