Saturday, July 4, 2009

Leaving on Thursday!

I cannot believe it is finally time to meet our son!! I am leaving on Thursday and will be in Beijing on Friday night at 10:30 pm. I will have a day and a half to get settled and get prepared to meet Michael on Sunday the 12th at 2 pm (2 am ET)! More good news? I will be flying to Beijing in style - business class all the way!! Now, I wasn't able to get business class on the way home, but I will be so excited to get home I really won't care!! Plus, Michael will have a seat and he won't take up as much room as another adult. I am hoping that there will be less people in business class, and therefore, less of a chance of being exposed to swine flu! I have bought all of the supplements that my naturopath has recommended to boost my immunity and keep me H1N1 free - let's pray that it works!! I am looking forward to meeting Meg at the airport - she will be staying with me at a hotel for the first few days. After our official appointments are finished, I will then stay at Meg's apartment until I fly to Guangzhou on the 21st. I am still praying that everything will work out and I can arrive home on the 25th as scheduled!! I will be so ready to come home and unite my entire family together! Steve will be taking the girls to visit my parents while I am gone so tomorrow I will be packing all of our suitcases so that we can enjoy our last 2 days together - relatively stress free?! Please pray for safe travels (for all of us), Michael's physical and emotional health, no quarantine for me, and for Steve and the girls - thank you!!!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

you'll be in my prayers!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Darcy! Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to follow along - you know your "faithfuls" will be checking every day!

Anonymous said...

Safe travels you guys. We cannot wait to meet your son! -Kelly