Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He is officially ours!!

We met our group at 9 am and rode to the Civil Affairs office to complete the paperwork needed to make this adoption legitimate in the eyes of the Chinese govt. We did not need to wait long until it was our turn. As I was walking to our desk, I saw another family already working on paperwork, and I made a guess and I was right - it was Tammy and Tony! They are from Atlanta as well and Tammy and I have become friends via email and phone - we have never actually met in person!! I just thought that it was cool of God to let us meet - even though it was brief!! Everything went like clockwork. Michael was very well behaved and no problems came up. Apparently the officials were very confused as to why Steve had a visa to come to China and he didn't!! I wanted to scream!! Of course he wanted to come, but it is your dump quarantine scares that forced him to stay home with our girls!! Stupid!!! Well, with little fanfare the paperwork was finished and we were on our way back to the hotel. We ate lunch and Michael took a quick nap before we met our group again to go to the aquarium. It was quite nice - Michael especially liked the huge shark tank.

Michael was still quite complacent and quiet today. When we arrived back at our hotel though, he smiled and made some "happy noises" - like he was glad to be home! We went out to a great restaurant with Meg and a friend of hers - it was awesome!! I loved this green bean dish and eggplant dish the best. We had watermelon juice to drink - Michael loved it! We both also loved the duck rolls. At the restaurant, Michael started to come out of his shell a little more. As we were coming in from our cab in the pouring rain, he kept "saying" something. He was visibly upset and looking behind us, but I just assumed that he was fascinated by the rain. When we got to our table, he showed me his foot that was missing a shoe!! Meg went to look for it and it was outside in the street. He had been trying to tell me all along!! He was very happy when Meg brought it back to him. He really loves his shoes - I do too, once I took the squeakers out of them!! I think that I forgot to mention that all 3 kids arrived at our hotel with brand new clothes and shoes - they were all dressed sharply!! Anyway, he is doing well. Loves his bath and goes to sleep well - as long as he has his bottle, thus the bottle rot teeth!!! UGH!!! Still no trouble with walking or potty - no accidents at all - yea God!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of him snuggling with his Mickey Mouse. I'm glad all is going well. Much love,
Doble family

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Potty trained too? Amazing! Good for you (and him)!

Unknown said...

You look good together. He looks like he is adjusting to his new life with you. We will miss you and Steve at bible study Weds.


Love The Albano Family

Donna said...

WOW! You are truly blessed. Amazing about his health and even potty trained :) Love all the blogging!

KeriBMarsh said...

Im so excited for you and Michael! Hugs! The Marshs